Please read the General FAQS first. They will answer most of your questions. These below are specific to the Relocate or Retire retreats.
Retire or Relocate Retreats
- Most Retire-Relocate retreats are situated as central as possible but near the coast. By doing that, we can get the best access to big cities, infrastructure, beach towns, and small village farm life.
- Villa location will vary but generally be located around Playa Herradura or Esterillos Oeste which are about a 2 hour drive to San Jose and the same distance south to Ojochal.
- There are many regions and we will offer different retreats that will be centralized in other regions.
- Not even close. Not a big bus. Not a hotel room. Not a condo tour.
- These are small group retreats with a purpose. The residence is a luxury villa - all inclusive. We do the cooking and cleaning so you can plan your retirement!
- When we go on day-trips, it will be in several air-conditioned cars.
- Although we are bringing on-site various real-estate agents, locals, and expats who love to share, no one will pressure you to buy anything.
- We recommend our 4-week retreat so you can get a better feel for the region and experience as much as you can.
- Not sure you can take that much time off work? You never know until you ask. You can do work from the villa. There is wifi and plenty of working space here. Skype works, too. I've personally had many meetings via Skype with companies in the US and Canada. See our Resources section (in the main menu) for more information about working remotely.
- Please review the Resources section (in the main menu) for details about transportation, driving and a lot of other need-to-know information.
- Car rentals are not cheap so if you can find another willing couple with the same ideas, it's best to share a ride and split the costs.
- However, the retreat will be taking you around to several areas in the first 2 weeks, so check the retreat page for details.
- There is no smoking allowed anywhere on the retreat property or during any events except in a specifically designated smoking area outside. That also goes for incense and perfumes or any other type of fragrance. Our retreats are a fragrance-free environment.
- Of course! Some of us like it that way! But you won't really be alone. You are bound to make new friends.
- Yes. Contact us with details.
- No, but you can certainly meet them in town or have them pick you up to take you places.
- Participants in the retreat are paying for a certain experience - which is the reason we keep the group small and the agenda managed.
- We also consider all our retreats to be peace retreats - to be a relaxing environment where distractions and chaos are limited and managed.
- We enforce a Peace Policy. This includes a demand for a positive drama-free environment. For that reason, we will not tolerate any behavior that would be considered by the group to be judgmental, hurtful to another, or discriminatory in any way. We are accepting of all races, religions, and sexual orientation. We discourage conversations about politics and religion.
- If anyone acts in a way considered disruptive to the group, the person will be asked to leave the residence without refund.
Still have questions? Contact us.